Krip Hop Nation
Krip Hop is a project featuring people with disabilities inside and outside the music industry, locally and globally.
1) This slave rescued other slaves and brought them to freedom. Who is she? What was her disability?
2) This famous soul singer in 1997 he wrote a book called Truly Blessed, about his life before and after his accident. Who is he?
3) This African American is the first deaf professional baseball player. Who is he?
4) This Black actor is an inspirational speaker who played in Boyz N in the Hood. Who is he?
As Poor Magazine & Krip-Hop Nation celebrate their anniversay, Poor Magazine- 21 years & Krip-Hop Nation - 10 years, I thought it was a great time to look back of my work in the Bay Area since 1996. I moved from CT/NY to SF, CA in 1991. This is not to blow air in my head but to take time to track my work and give Black/Brown disabled youth a piece of plateform and mirror to build on or to make their own way.
A List of does of Krip-Hop Nation/Leroy in 2017 It's HUUUUUGE!! Listen to Rinnessy talk About Krip-Hop Nation
- Krip-Hop Nation tenth anniversary with DJ Quad CD late Jan.
- Black Kripple new EP, Krip-Blues Stories, Feb.
- Leroy Moore's Children Book, Black Disability Art History 101 will be publish by Xochitl Justice Press and illustrations by Asian Robles. late Feb.
- Krip-Hop Nation's All Women CD. Compile by Lisa Ganser and Vita E. Cleveland in March
- Krip-Hop Nation Bay Area Tour July
- Joe Capers' Month August Film, Naru. August
Top 20 List of Krip-Hop Nation’s (Musicians Only) Best Interviews with Links on Poor Magazine From the Beginning to Now
Well it's that time again, ringing in a New Year, 2017. This year, 2016, Krip-Hop Nation gears up for our tenth anniversary, in 2017, and we go back to the benning of this column & make up our top twenty best interviews on Krip-Hop Nation column at POOR Magazine. It was very hard but here it is with links.
1) Elder Jazz Great Tells It Like It Is: Jimmy Scott - http://poormagazine.org/node/2645
- 1 of 20